An Outfit, Some Ice Cream, and A Bucket of Margarita (Sweet Jesus + The Porch)

Posted on

It's been a hot minute since I've put fingers to keyboard and written a blog post. The past few months have been quite trying for me, and while this is no excuse...this is my excuse. Well, my life hasn't been so much as difficult as it has been confusing. And this has somehow led to a terrible bout of writer's block. But I digress.

For now, I'd like to dive back into the blogging world with a simple post about food and fashion.

I wore this outfit and went to these places with no intentions of blogging any of it, but here I am. I figured iPhone quality snapshots are better than none at all.




Wearing
Urban Outfitters Sunglasses
Wilfred Bodysuit
Vintage Cut-Off Levi Shorts (from Editorial Boutique
Converse Sneakers

Last weekend, one of my best friends and I ended up at two of Toronto's trendiest offerings in the span of a few hours. First stop was Sweet Jesus. I'm sure you've heard about it -- every girl in the "6ix" has a photo of Sweet Jesus' toppling, toppings-covered soft serve cone on her Instagram feed.


My friend got the Lemon Coconut Cream Pie flavoured cone, and I opted for the Birthday Cake, as well as a drink -- The Miss Saigon (espresso, milk, condensed milk, mulled brown sugar syrup). I'll keep it short and sweet: 3.5/5 for the Birthday Cake -- decent but not awe-inspiring; too messy to eat, too much for one person to finish. However, The Miss Saigon was delicious and different than your everyday Starbucks brew. Birthday Cake is diabetes waiting to happen. Lemon Coconut Cream Pie is less tooth-achingly sweet, but the graham crackers made it too dry.







We attempted to walk down by the Toronto harbourfront after our ice cream adventure. That didn't last long in 30 degrees+ weather. And so we ended up at The Porch. Another beacon for basic bitches!




The margaritas-in-a-bucket are very Instagram-able. Oh, and they're pretty tasty too, I mean, if that's something you're concerned about. Service at The Porch is good (very friendly staff in my experience), but you'll be hard-pressed to get a seat if you come during peak hours.

Warning: the crowd ranges from well-dressed, perfectly coiffed girls eager to get their photo-op to guys in bro-tanks and aviator sunglasses. Enter if you dare.

And there it is: two quick reviews and an OOTD. I've held back from posting about a lot of places I've tried simply because most of the time, I don't have professional-grade photos from these places. And being a perfectionist, I typically prefer not doing anything at all, rather than doing something half-way. This fact has amounted in months of silence on this blog though, so I am trying to push back on that. I'll now be updating the blog with more blog posts like this (outfit details and fast reviews that get the point across), so keep an eye out!

Post a Comment